another response in the carter/lojbab exchange

Carter refers to gua spi's:
>pql     only,less,just,somewhat
>        X1: is less than usual or expected in dimension (vo) X2+1,S3 for
>        members of set (xy) X3s
>        |fta for the standard.  -gl -pql (neutral negation) means somewhat,
>        i.e. low end of usual range.

Somehow I don't think this word will do for most if not all of the uses
of 'only' we we're talking about.  "I kissed only her nose", "I kissed her
only nose".

Lojban has milxe and mutce to match your two gua spi words.

Indeed, I don't think 'only' is a single concept, likewise "just" and
"even", and hence to come up with a single word being equivalent to any
of these makes your language look like encoded English.

[No major comments on Nick's only translations, even if they aren't his
only translations %^) His handling of 'only' seemed understandable at
least, though I didn't understand his "se pamei" vs "pamei", why he felt
he needed a termset in one sentence, and the whole bit about other-do
especially with 'setese' on the front.  Can you explain the latter Nick,
including your intended place structure?]

lojbab