miscellaneous biblical comments

>BTW, on some old news.  In my Psalm 137 translation, I used a le'avla,
>something like "zgitcirkinora" to indicate a kind of musical instrument.
>On further perusal of the gismu list, I see that I don't even need a lujvo
>le'avla, since a kinor is a stringed intrument (whether lyre or harp or
>even violin), and thus falls into the gismu "jgita"=guitar, yielding
>"gitkinora" or something.

Psalm 137? Do you maybe mean 150? Anyway, kinor is violin only in modern
Israeli Hebrew; I don't think there were violins in David's day.

Are your biblical translations going into the PLS database? Between the
Psalms and B'reshith (Genesis to those who know no Hebrew!) by now you
have a substantial amount of Biblical text translated into Lojban. Probably
more than there's been into any other conlang other than Esperanto. It
probably ought to be preserved.

                                             Bruce