Re: GEN: How Nick is faring

There has been lots of talk over the years about a Lojban phrase book,
but the problem is that no one seems to be able to come up with a good list
of things you might want to put into it.  We thought about Berlitz for a
while, but when you actually look at a Berlitz phrasebook, you see that
a) many of the entries are cultural (lists of foods, etc.) and
b) all of the discussion is aimed at a traveller in the country, and when
you come down to it, most such expressions really aren't that useful in
real Lojban conversation.  "Can you direct me to the railroad station?" is
not standard Lojban conversation fare.

But then we have to figure out what IS!

Humorous phrasebook is a new twist, and it may resemble what John
Hodges tried to do a while back in his version of a Lojban minilesson.
he based the concept on the English style book >The Transitive Vampire<.
If I can find it, i will post it, or at least some excerpts, and people
may be able to make it correct and useful.

lojbab