Rob's signoff

>Date:         Mon, 16 Aug 1993 14:18:56 -0400
>From: John Cowan <snark!cowan%GVLS1.VFL.PARAMAX.COM@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU>

>la kolin. cusku di'e

>> There is a way of saying 'dot' in Lojban - you need something in selma'o
>> BY, and you have the word 'bu' which converts anything to a lerfu
>> (something functional equivalent to a BY).
>> I think the quasi-official lojban for a dot is "denpa bu" (pause lerfu) -
>> I saw a draft of a lerfu paper last year.
>>
>> Unfortunately, this still won't do in your context, because lerfu
>> can be used either as (pro-)sumti or (after vei) in MEX.

>I suggest "me me'o denpa bu se'isni", which is a "pause-letter type-of
>signature".  "me'o" can be prefixed to a bunch of lerfu words in the
>sense of "the character (string) ...".

Is this the way to do it?  I recall I was having trouble figuring out how
to talk about characters as characters a while back (using BY words doesn't
help, since {cy.} standing alone isn't the letter C but a pro-sumti, as
mentioned above).  I was told that {lu'e cy.} (or in this case {me lu'e
denpa bu se'isni}) would be the way.

~mark