Re: logban ' <=> h

[Simon stops lurking for N months and has something to agree with that he
understands... :)]

;
;>Date:         Thu, 29 Jul 1993 11:53:25 -0700
;>From: jimc%MATH.UCLA.EDU@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU
;
;>I agree with Frank Schultz and And Rosta that the apostrophe is
;>very hard for existing text handlers to handle.  I would vote "yes"
;>for making "h" an allograph for "'" (apostrophe), and even for making
;>it the preferred form.  In fact, I think I'll edit my cmavo/rafsi
;>lists with this change, because my lookup commands will then work a
;>lot better.
;
;I've liked the idea of {h} as an allograph of {'} for a long time; I'm
;actually rather pleased when I see And use it.  I'm not recommending that
;{'} be dropped altogether, merely that {h} be counted an acceptable
;substitute, at least under some circumstances (for example, I find {'}
;horribly difficult to see in handwriting, and {h} is far, far better.)
;
;~mark

I agree with this also, I think that handwritten Lojban text looks better
(easier to read as well) when "h" is used in place of the apostrophe, but
the apostrophe in typed text looks nice. I would prefer "h" in handwritten
text but the apostrophe in typed text because it breaks up the monotony of
the text and gives the eyes a little bit of a rest.

     Simon "Guru Aleph-Null" Janes     |You! Stand up and be discounted
         <spj@ukelele.gcr.com>         |on the free market of run-of-the-