Foot-in-mouth disease (was: Place structures with {co})

Only after reading Veijo's post did I see that my last post, in response
to Jorge, misreads him.  Yes, it is true that "broda brode" has a different
place structure from "brode co broda", viz. the former has the places of
"brode", whereas the latter has the places of "broda".

So, in saying that Colin's original claim is wrong, I erred.  "Post in haste,
repent at leisure."  My explanation, however, as distinct from my correction,
is still true, and is the same as Veijo's.

I would add that Ivan's research seems to show that asymmetrical tanru,
which are the only ones where "co" is relevant, are in
the great majority, both of tanru-types and of instances; and that lojbab has
said that symmetrical tanru without a connective are deprecated.

--
John Cowan              sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
                e'osai ko sarji la lojban.