TECH: TANSTAAFL

Thinking about {jdima} etc. for the sumti-raising issue,
I was for some reason reminded of the debate about "nothing".

How do we say something is "free".

        noda jdima ko'a

means simply that no price has been set, the object may not
even be for sale.

        lo fepni be li no cu jdima ko'a

is more like it, but why should we have to mention currency units?

        li no jdima ko'a

Does this work?

        noda se jdima be li no je mijdorsai
        Nothing has-price zero and is-a-midday-meal

mu'o mi'e .i,n.

jdima         di'a price
x1 (amount) is the price of x2 to purchaser/consumer x3 set by vendor x4;
(cf. vamji, ve vecnu)  8d  15

fepni fep     fei  cent                 'penny'
x1 is measured in kopeck/cent money-subunits as x2 (quantity),
in monetary system x3             5e  36    pfennig, paisa, sen, fen, dinar;
x1 is generally a price/cost/value; (cf. rupnu)

mij-dor-sai
midju donri sanmi

midju mij          middle
x1 is in/at the middle/center of x2; (cf. jbini, nutli, snuji) 2d  31

donri dor     do'i daytime
x1 is the daytime of day x2 at location x3; (cf. nicte, djedi)     14

sanmi         sai  meal
x1 (mass) is a meal composed of dishes x2 (set ext.)           5c  84