Re: Monthly posting for August, 1993

JOhn:
++++++++>
We tried that when Lojban List was first listserv-ified, and found that it
led to greater confusion.  It is better, I think, that a public posting
be sent privately than that a private posting be made public, and it's
easier to change the "To:" line to a fixed address than to have to guess
the correct address of the poster if you want to reply privately.

But I'm open to further input on the point.  If enough people would prefer
the "Reply-To: lojban@cuvmb..." style, it can be changed.  Comments?

Now that I am used to it, I would prefer that replies go to the list, as they
do for Conlang.  But when I first joined that list, I found it confusing that a
reply to a message did not go to the author.

I am content either way.

Colin