Re: Rob's signoff

la mark. clsn. cusku di'e

> I was told that {lu'e cy.} (or in this case {me lu'e
> denpa bu se'isni}) would be the way.

Well that works, but it's kind of funny.  It creates on the spot a reference
to some previous sumti whose name/description begins with "c", so that we
can then talk of "that which symbolizes the thing which is symbolized by 'c'".
If no such thing can be found, the chain is broken.  Better to say
forthrightly "me'o cy." which is "the mekso string 'c'".

--
John Cowan      cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!lock60!snark!cowan
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban.