Re: Cupfuls (Was: Some how do you say it's)

Nick answers my query:
++++++++++>
# x1 is x2 cupfuls in volume (default is 1) by standard x3

kabrylai is indeed a way to go, but the place structure you've given has little
to do with that of klani; the place structure that makes sense to me is:

x1 is a quantity of x2, on the scale x3 (which is your cup standard).

Since the x1 in klani is a quantifier, this is in fact your place structure,
but with x1 and x2 switched around:

li pa cu kabryklani le tcati poi mi pinxe.
>+++++++++++

So you're saying that kabrylai should mean

x1 is a quantity of x2 measured in cups [by standard x3]

but this is directly reversed from all the pre-defined
measure words.
Suppose my local volume measure is cupfuls (eg I'm in
the world of US cookery). Then cupful is also
dekpu: x1 is x2 local volume unit(s) (ie cups), x3 subunits (defaults 1),
 standard x4

I really don't like this. If the latter is a good idea for defining
measure words, then -lai compounds should have it too,
and b*****r  dikyjvo.

        Colin

ps. Thanks for reminding me of 'cpina' Bob - I had
totally forgotten it.