Re: jvoste #3 (8/10)

Actuallly I think the nature of a "real" lie is that it causes potential or
actual damage - one meaning, or that the speaker knows that it is a lie and
does so intentionally (zukte).  At least in the moral sense, people seem
to consider "white lies" (i.e. lies that cause no damage and indeed may
enhance quality of life) to not be wrong, and indeed etiquette demands that
in some cases you tell lies (if someone asks "How are you doing?" you
don;t give them the true catalog of your troubles.)

So there are still a lot of different concepts covered by the English
word "lie", and I'd have trouble deciding which of them is a "true lie"
whatever you mean by that.

lojbab