Re: On the tense system

lojbab:
> The metaphor of the pictured event far predated the Imaginary Journeys
> metaphor, and led tot he assignments of cmavo.  pu'o like pu refers to
> the time before the event, ba'o like ba refers to the time after the event.

This is true only when used as sumti tcita. As tenses, pu refers to the time
before the referece point, not before the event itself.

And as sumti tcita, the rules for the semantics of each are different anyway,
so it's not that meaningful to compare them.

I will study the longer posting and comment later.

Jorge