Re: logban '

Frank says:
> Using ' as an alphabetic character is incredibly stupid. My command
> line interpreter uses ' as meaning quoted material follows. I have
> commands which do lookup for lojban words and I use "h" to replace '
> when I use lojban words as arguments to commands. ' is about the
> worst possible character to use. I wind up seeing "h" and ' as synonyms
> which is annoying. This is one of the most irritating of the lojban
> design flaws. The lojban designers deserve a lot more heat for this
> than they got. This is one bug that should be fixed.
> --
>       Frank Schulz ( fschulz@pyramid.com )

I think h should be mandated as at least an allograph of '. I
have tried using h instead of ', but got complaints. In general
Lojban is very resistant to change, & unless you can prove
beyond all doubt that something really doesn't work, the only
way to effect a change is to adopt it yourself & hope that
others follow. In this particular case there is a chance it
might catch on.

----
And