[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: comments on the batch of lujvo etc. psoted thus far

Lojbab writes (although I have not seen the original question):

> A lerfu is meant to refer to what we in English call "letters" symbols on
>a page or other medium, but generalized to include numbers and other
>symbolic 'marks'.  The general term for any sign or symbol is "sinxa" and
>is not limited to visual effects or to simple ones.
Would 'characters' be a better gloss?

Chris Handley                                     chandley@otago.ac.nz
Dept of Computer Science                       Ph     (+64) 3-479-8499
University of Otago                           Fax     (+64) 3-479-8577
Dunedin, NZ
              There are three types of Computer Scientist:
                those who can count and those who can't.