Re: TECH: new ZAhO suggestion

> ta'o thanks for the comments And - I just about understand them, if I
> really put my mind to it; but I don't know what you were intending to
> ask/suggest/propose by them.

This is politely put! What I was suggesting was that there is a need
(which may already be satisfied by some existing lojban locution) to
refer to some entity that may be a part of some larger entity. So,
for example, when stating one's current age one might say "my life
has a duration of (at least) 40 years", without implying that one
dies at the age of 40. This relates to John Cowan and the goat's
legs. Apparently, in lojban "This goat has 2 legs" means it has
exactly 2 legs: as we noted, it would be nice to be able to say
"this goat has at least 2 legs".

Note that a translation of "at least" is not in itself sufficient:
if one were exactly 40 ten years ago, and wished to state this,
it would not be enough to say "10 years ago I had a duration of
at least 40 years".

I presume that it is possible to refer to all or part of some
object, set, event or whatever. I am suggesting the need for
a way to refer to some object/set/event/... without specifiying
whether one is referring to its entirety or only to part of it.

----
And.