Re: Allophones of zero in Lojban

I agree with everything Mark has to say about buffer-"u. Even the long dangly
wiggly bits :) (Thelonius P. Wilderbeest, aka Lenny Henry)

It would have been nice if "u and y were interchanged. But it would have had
its downsides too. {y} is an *extremely* frequent phoneme in the language,
and it needs something to sound buffery too. "u wouldn't be it. But then,
what would?

So regretfully, though And *is right*, I cannot foresee us going ahead with
that exchange, and for the same reasons as Mark, would disapprove were it
brought up.

It is amazing to think how fluid the design of the language still is. But
every translation fixes it. I anticipate some of the new place structures
(even the ones I may have suggested) will require a lot of unlearning.

Nick.