Lojban names

I'm glad that there is a lot of good discussion on this topic.  I strongly
support the idea of Lojbanizing names in accordance with the preference of
the person associated with the name, or the natives.  Norma{lly this
preference should stress aural similarity.  But especially with names like
Edinburgh and Buccleuch, there may be SOME local preference towards preserving
the visual similarity if it is not too odious in Lojban.

I don;t see it likely, therefore, that John Cowan will be asking us to spell
his city as "nu,IAK."

lojbab