onomastic etiquette in lojban

>  From: CJ FINE <C.J.Fine@bradford>
>
>  Ivan says:
>  >
>  >  if you need a standard, isn't {j} a much better one?  Its chances
>  > to be mistakenly stripped off the end of a lojbanised name are much
>  > lower than those of {s}.
>  >
>  <...> There is something in me which is repelled  by
>  all those English names turning into

But that is exactly how it must be.  If a lojbanised English name
sounds drastically unEnglish, you'll know for sure that you must do
something (like stripping off the "repellent" last consonant) to it to
get its real form.

>  la .edn,bryj and la mantcestyj and la djenifyj

Hm.  It seems to me that it is better to use {r} here.  Many speakers
pronounce it to some degree anyway.  {la mantcestr.}, {la djenifr.}...

> and la xenrij

This is an interesting one.  What if we convert it to {la xenrix.}?
What is the German form of the name?  Heinrich.  There you go.

Ivan