Re: place structure of lujvo

The answer, of course, is to learn the language like a 4-year old, and 'invent
your own rules' internally, try them out and see if others understand you ir c
correct you (and if they seem to match what others do).

The first approximation is to unpack it to a tanru, and indeed, that is useful
in that it gives you a suggested metaphor in English translation that often
confirms your interpretation "sudri'a" = "dry-cause".  But as a tanru
has only the places of its final term, as Nick says, the result is excessively
constrained.  In a tanru, you can specify the places of the non-final
tanru components using be/bei.  You cannot in lujvo.

If you ONLY use tanru -like place structures, then I think you still have
some problems, by the way. "rinka" is "causes" in a verbal interpretation
and "causer" in a nounal interpreation.  Thus sudri'a could be
"dryishly-causes" or "is-a-dry-causer"  (as opposed to one that is all wet? %^)
just with the tanru interpretation.

Dave sent me an earlier message on this subject, and posted this before
receiving my   non-list reply, which I prepared off-line.  I will post
that reply to the list instead of to Dave - it quotes some relevant text
from Nick and Dave's discussion.  But please ignore the fact that I phrased
the posing for Dave with the intent that he edit it and repost it after
merging with other parts of the discussion.

lojbab