Re: real simple stuff

la mark. clsn. cusku di'e

> > I'm not 100% positive you can say "le remi zdani"; I think the grammar
> > might get displeased... [and later] ...  the brivla was
> > preceded by "remi" which is a sumti (selma'o PA and KOhA, resp), which thus
> > cannot form a tanru, so you didn't need the cu (it's allowed anyway).

la deiv. kortesis. cusku di'e

> Well, shoot.. "two kind-of me kind-of nest" was *exactly* the intent;
> it's charming. Sorry to hear it don't work.

[...]

> That's good; how about "le zdani be remi"?  (I am very taken with "remi"
> "cimi" etc. in part because they have no English equivalent.)

Actually, they do: "remi" means "the two of us, we two".
"le zdani be remi" is perfect for "the house of the two of us".
But "re" and "mi" cannot directly participate in a tanru:  "remi zdani"
means "we two are a nest", not what you want.  You can effectively achieve
"a (two kind-of me) kind-of nest" by using the special rafsi for "re" and "mi":

        relmibzda:  x1 is a nest for the two of us

Note that the x2 place of "zdani" has disappeared.  This demonstrates the use
of the cmavo-rafsi to make lujvo which do not directly reflect an underlying
tanru.

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
                e'osai ko sarji la lojban