compliments to the LA group

Pete Thomas commented in private note to me regarding the LA study
group, which he just started studying with:
>We didn't get much further than that, as we were really dissecting them word
>at a time fashion for the novice (me) and explaining a lot of grammatical
>points I had forgotten since the time I went through the lessons on my own.
>
>I definitely learned more with those folks than I could have any other way.

I'm posting this as a statement of encouragement for Jim Carter and Rory
Hinnen and all of the others participating in that group.  Every regular
reader of this list knows that I seldom agree with Carter on language
issues; I wish he'd get the draft lessons and learn what we've said
about the language design before jumping to so many conclusions; I also
think that his explanations are most often so complex it is hard to
imagine anyone learning from him.

But Pete, and others, have told me that the getting together is
worthwhile.  It isn't necessary that anyone know all the answers -
sometimes just getting together may help you decide that there isn;t
really a question.

I also note that the LA group is getting together in the face of being
spread over about 40 miles of gawdawful traffic.  Not everyone comes to
every gathering, but they are all working together on Lojban, and
apparently all getting something for their efforts.

I therefore grant the LA group a big zabna (Attaboy!), and encourage
some of the other groups of metropolitan Lojbanists to help organize
your local people into an occasional group grope.  There are more Lojban
people in Boston, NYC, and the SF area than in LA, and certainly more
than enough active people within 40 miles to get together in
Philadelphia, northern NJ, Seattle, San Diego, Portland, and Baltimore.
Probably a few others, too, with luck.  Anyone who seriously will work
to call or write (we often don't have phone numbers) other Lojbanists to
get together for study groups, should let me know.  I'm sure the LA
group people will be glad to advise you on how to get started, and the
list his here to answer all the questions that you can;t figure out for
yourselves.
----
lojbab = Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
         2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA
         703-385-0273
         lojbab@grebyn.com

NOTE THAT THIS IS A NEW NET ADDRESS AND SUPERSEDES OTHERS IN MY POSTINGS
            OR LOGICAL LANGUAGE GROUP, INC. PUBLICATIONS