Re: letter 'h'

la korant. cusku di'e

> Let me clarify. I think that lojban is lacking in not allowing the 'th' sound
> to exist. It has 'x', which is a sound not existing in most of the source
> languages, so that doesn't seem to be a reasonable excuse for elimiating 'th'.

How's that again?  The six source languages are Chinese (has 'x', written 'h'
in Pinyin), English (no 'x'), Hindi (no 'x' except in loan-words), Spanish
(has 'x', written 'j'), Russian (has 'x', usually romanized 'kh'), and Arabic
(same as Russian).

Of the languages formerly used by the Loglan Project, German has 'x' (written
'ch'), and French and Japanese don't.

By contrast, only English and (Standard) Spanish have 'th'.

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban