Re: [Re] Place structures with co

ui coi fi'i doi veion
i mutce temci le nu do vi zasti pu
i a'u do ma puca'o gasnu

> >        brode co broda da
> >        ({brode co broda} {da VAU})
> >
> >        brode co broda be da
> >        ({brode co <broda [be da BE'O]>} VAU)

> It has been noted before that we mustn't take the parses too literally :-)

Touche'  :)

[good explanation of the status quo deleted]

> i.e. the purpose of co is to make the sumti places of the modifier more
> easily accessible.

These places are also easily accesible using {be}:

brode co broda be da

But the trailing places of brode are lost once the {co} appears.

My point is that it's not correct to say that {co} gives the possibility
to use modificand-modifier word order. It seems more logical to me that
the places of a tanru should always be those of the tertanru, without
this exception.

Jorge