Re: TECH quantity abstracts: quote

la lojbab. cusku di'e

> The following out of context excerpt from soc.culture.scientists struck
> me as revealing of the nature of "ni" abstraction.  "ni" is the metric
> that the respondent is referring to.  We may not always be able to
> define the scale or the metric value, but "ni" existing in the language
> implies that every relationship have an at least theoretical
> quantifiability to that relationship.

This sounds more "jei" than "ni" to me.  "jei" is "the truth-value of..."
where it is agreed that truth value may be fuzzy: some propositions may be
only 86% true, in which case

        le jei broda kei du li pibixa
        the truth-value-of whatever is the-number .86

--
John Cowan              sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
                e'osai ko sarji la lojban.