Re: TECH: sisku, djica

To John Cowan respond I thus:

#I think I have now gotten lojbab to agree that "sisku" needs a property in
#x2, because you can look for something which (veridically) is a purple
#rhinoceros, even though in fact there are no purple rhinocerotes (four
#syllables, please).

rhinocerotes? Really? Because to my knowledge, rhino'keros has always had
the plural rhino'keroi, and Latin has followed suit (rhinoceros, rhinoceri).

#Similarly, "djica" needs an event in x2, because "I want a soldier" is
#ambiguous about what you really want, vs. "I want that a soldier protects me"
#or "I want that a soldier makes love to me" or whatever.

I can see the usage of {posydji} going through the roof because of this.

#In general, all gismu places with "(object/event)" in them will be re-examined,
#and as many as possible will be flushed.  Note that this makes "jai" very
#useful:  "le jai se sisku" is now the object of search, and "le jai se
#djica" the object of desire.

This makes me feel ambivalent. On the one hand, the rising tide of sumti
raising was the very reason I proposed the equivalent of {jai}, whenever
I did (a year ago? more?) On the other, I'm starting to get the feeling
this raising crusade has gone a little too far. But I'd need to look
through the specific proposals first --- which I will do when I get to.

 A freshman once observed to me:         Nick Nicholas am I, of Melbourne, Oz.
 On the edge of the Rubicon,             nsn@munagin.ee.mu.oz.au (IRC: nicxjo)
 men don't go fishing.                   CogSci and CompSci & wannabe Linguist.
   - Alice Goodman, _Nixon In China_     Mail me! Mail me! Mail me! Or don't!!