Re: TECH: specifity & definiteness

la djan. kau,n. cusku di'e

> What is an [] example of a specific indefinite reference (in English)?

Assuming that And's talking about the definite article
"the" vs. the indefinite article "a", then this is one
of the points I've tried to make several times now.
The indefinite article can be used to refer to something specific.

        I'm looking for a tall man with long blond hair - have you seen him?

Or there's the introductory usage that's been mentioned a few times.

        There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.

We use the indefinite article to indicate our expectation or
suspicion that the listener may not know what we're referring to,
rather than whether we have a specific in mind.

mi'e .i,n.