Re: TECH: QUERY on ZI & ZEhA

la lojbab. cusku di'e

> Now if you use certain other interval modifiers, you may create subevents
> within the larger interval.  #roi obviously does so, and objectively.
> The TAhE (I think that's the selma'o) family including "regularly",
 habitually"
> etc. also creates subevents within the larger interval.

You're right that subevents are created, but the grammar doesn't allow as
much latitude as you think.

> You can then assign
> relative intervals to these subevents, ad nauseum:

Not really.  The rule is that you can have runs of TAhE/n-ROI and ZAhO cmavo,
but you can't have multiple ZEhAs -- one of those is enough.  Furthermore,
and quite obscurely, you can't have TAhE TAhE either without an intervening
ZAhO, although you can have ZAhO ZAhO without an intervening TAhE.

> mi ze'eso'iroize'udi'i klama

That actually parses, but as "mi ze'eso'iroi [ku] ze'udi'i klama", in other
words as two separate tenses.  Whether it means what you say it means,
I dunno.

--
John Cowan      cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!lock60!snark!cowan
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban.