a usage problem, and a solution???

I have notice in Lojban conversation that I frequently start saying something,
finish the x1 sumti and get to the selbri, only to realize that I needed to
make it a raised sumti with tu'a.  There is no after thought verion of tu'a
though there may be a way if using Nick's version of sumti-raising in this way
(Nick???).

It occurs to me that there are two similar ways,each with its own semantics
problems.  One is to just end the sentence by going .i tu'a ri, which leaves
you with a dangling sumti.  Another is to end the sumti wth
a zo'u making it a prenex (and thus at least implicitly a 'topic' for the
sentence) and then going tu'ari.

Opinions???

lojbab