Re: 2704 lujvo in the jvoste

To Logical Language Group respond I thus:

#why not just jifsku or ticysku, or best: all three and give whatever semantic
#differences are implied by each, since each will probably cover a different
#mapping of the semantic space covered by English "lie"

All three of them, of course, do cover that space; but saying something both
untruthful and with the intent to deceive is the more prototypical instance
of a lie. Leaving either out gives you the grey area of the law ---
equivocation for ticysku, telling untruths (and possibly believing them) for
jifsku. ticyjifsku is 'real' lying.

 A freshman once observed to me:         Nick Nicholas am I, of Melbourne, Oz.
 On the edge of the Rubicon,             nsn@munagin.ee.mu.oz.au (IRC: nicxjo)
 men don't go fishing.                   CogSci and CompSci & wannabe Linguist.
   - Alice Goodman, _Nixon In China_     Mail me! Mail me! Mail me! Or don't!!