addendum

I have just posted a message 'arguing' that John's distributive
interp makes more sense than the nondistrib. I was taking _je_
to mean 'and', but after reading Colin, I am wondering whether
'cum' might be a better translation, so rather than 'wolf and
man curse' we have 'wolf-cum-man curse'. In this case, I
now find the nondistrib reading more natural.

Would anyone care to explain to me what exactly _je_ means? I find
it most surprising that there could be ambiguity between
_wolf je man curse_ and _metal je book shelf_. Is one permitted
to say _metal .e book shelf_?

If _wolf je man_ really means 'wolf-cum-man', how is this different
from _wolf man_? That is, _wolf-cum-man curse_ seems pretty
much the same as ((wolf man) curse), though of course not the
same as (wolf (man curse)).

I do hope that readers of the list will forgive my not taking
being well-informed as a precondition of my contributing!

---
And.