PLS news

Well, it looks as though we now have a date to attach to the impending
plight of the PLS.  Jerry's leaving Columbia effective December 31.
Sometime around then, we have to have found another site.  We're tring to
get it moved to another Columbia machine, or some others that Jerry has
access to, so this appeal may turn out to be unnecessary.

Criteria appear to be: UNIX machine (preferably SUN, or at least BSD),
accounts for the managers and possible one for the server itself, 10MB of
disk space (allows for some growth, this can be shaved down if absolutely
necessary), some entries in /etc/aliases and /etc/crontab, good mail
connectivity, etc.  The server itself is fairly stable and secure and runs
itself for the most part.

Let us know if any of you has suggestions or sites to offer.

~mark

P.S. We expect there to be no problem with the continued existence of the
Lojban list at CUVMB at Columbia.