Re: su'u xekri

Saith C.J.Fine@BRADFORD.AC.UK in his/her manifold wisdom:

And yes, I know Stewart Evans in rec.music.misc does his attributions
more classily :)

>Respondeth Nick in his/her godlike supremacy:
>> Saith C.J.Fine@BRADFORD.AC.UK in his/her manifold wisdom:

>"God" prefrixed is emphatic in many forms of English too, but I object to and
>will wilfully misunderstand it in Lojban.

Mpf. Yeah, OK, it'll probably go...

>Doesn't work. You mean "nenri", not "se nenri" (as I suspected)

And I have NO idea how *that* happened..

>but however
>you do it, the "se canko" modifies the "nenri" not the "se nenri".

*frown* really? Why isn't {se canko se nenri} paraphrasable as {se nenri
be le se canko} (which here should be selca'o nenri anyway, of course).

>Consequently what you've said is that you have some feeling
>on a social scale about the sentence, NOT that it is true in a social kind
>of way. This is what I meant by my comment about "vusai". I think you're
>trying to get a sort of back-door tanru modification, and committing a
>category error.

Guilty; and I've spent the past couple of days trying to weasel out of this
one, but... yeah. I'll let my thoughts crystallise on this one...

> (What's the Lojban for 'flame off'?)

{de'a dabysnu}?

>> ba'anaita'o is three cmavo.
>.o'onairu'ero'a srera .i do zu'unai drani

>Having said which, I'm not sure what it means.

Well, the at times rather impressionistic scalar negations of UI words are
not something for which I can take credit :) {ba'anai} is glossed in the
lists as "I remember" (and {ba'acu'i} as "I experience"), and intended
to denote that the predication was recalled from (cultural) memory.

---
'Dera me xhama t"e larm"e,            T  Nick Nicholas, EE & CS, Melbourne Uni
 Dera mbas blerimit                   |  nsn@munagin.ee.mu.oz.au (IRC: nicxjo)
 Me xhama t"e larm"e!                 |  Milaw ki ellhnika/Esperanto parolata/
 Lumtunia nuk ka ngjyra tjera.'       |  mi ka'e tavla bau la lojban. je'uru'e
 - Martin Camaj, _Nj"e Shp'i e Vetme_ |                *d'oh!*