to all new or relatively new people on Lojban List

We've added a lot of new people to Lojban List recently, and I'm afraid
my mail processing has gotten behind enough that I'm not sure who has
been added, adn what information you have on the language.  Let me
summarize the situation:

1. there is a lot of information available on the Planned Languages Server
in the lojban directory.  Try sending 1 line messages (till you know more
about the server) to

langserv@hebrew.cc.columbia.edu

use 1 line messages as follows

1:
help
2:
index lojban
3:
send lojban readme

2. For new people who don't know much, I have a couple of things I can
send to you directly via email which are not necessarily yet on the PLS, at l
least in the most up-to-date version.  Some of this stuff I send out
automatically when you ask for information, or when you sign up on
Lojban List, but I haven't kept records as to which of you have gotten which
information messages.  If you haven't gotten the following and want them,
please send a message to me at lojbab@grebyn.com

1. electronic version of the basic Lojban introductory brochure
2. brief explanation of the Loglan/Lojban schism
3. Lojban and linguistics research
4. reply to A. Zwicky's 1969 review of Loglan in "Language" discussing
   linguistic arguments pro and con Loglan/Lojban
5. Lojban introductory mini-lesson
6. Diagrammed Examples Summary of Lojban Grammar

3. You may wish to be added to our postal mailing list, in which case we will
send you an introductory packet of information, which includes many of
the things listed in 2. above, but formatted for easier reading, and also the
latest issue of our newsletter so that you know where the project stands.

I need your postal mailing address.  We request $5 contribution to cover our
costs for this intro package, but this contribution is voluntary.  The next
issue of the newsletter is in preparation, and it is advantageous if I hear
from you within the next week.

I also have available electronically our current postal mail order form, which
I will send on request per 2. above.

If you've sent an order or request for materials, and have not received a
response, please accept my apologies - things have been very disorganized
around here, and I'm hoping to have the mess straightened up within the next
week or two, and get all outstanding orders mailed out.  It would not hurt,
of course, if you tugged my chain to remind me that I haven't sent your order,
though I think I have an accurate list of unfilled orders, especially if you
contributed money.

----
lojbab                                                      lojbab@grebyn.com

For information about the artificial language Loglan/Lojban, please
provide a paper-mail address to me via mail or phone.  We also have
limited introductory information available electronically.  The LLG is
funded solely by your contributions, which are encouraged for the purpose
of defraying our costs (for both electronic and paper distribution.)