[Major: The dreaded word "only"]

   Date:         Fri, 17 Jan 1992 14:01:33 TZONE
   Comments:     Warning -- original Sender: tag was
                 cortesi@CRICKHOLLOW.INFORMIX.COM
   From: David Cortesi <cortesi%INFORMIX.COM@cuvmb.cc.columbia.edu>

   [Shoulson...]
   > "lat." is not a valid cmene for the same reason as above
   [Major...]
   > "T" is the name of the truth constant in most implementations of lisp.
   > A discussion of a lisp program might well want to refer to "the thing
   > named 'T'".
   Wouldn't that be: la ty?  (or la ga'e ty?) As in
           xu la fy cu fancu cupra la ga'e ty
       (yes or no: the f function-produces the T)

No.  "la ty" is ungrammatical, since "la" cannot precede a letteral.  You
could use "li ty" or "li ga'e ty", I imagine.  I'm not positive of the
semantics though.

~mark
      o o     o   o             o o   o     o        o   o     o o
              o                       o o   o      o       o     o
  o   o     o     o         o     o     o   o      o     o     o     N2KOT
Mark E. Shoulson:  shoulson@ctr.columbia.edu