Re: the art of running uphill

Nick writes (among many other pertinent points)

>>A second standardizing force will be the dictionary writers.
>
>I personally think that the dictionary will be a flop, and that
>Lojban is a language antithetic to dictionary dependence, the
>language being used so word-creatively. Look to the Full Analytical
>Dictonary of Esp as an example to avoid: Larousse superposed on
>Esp, or Oxford on Lojban, will not work.

I guess what we really need (more than Larousse, Oxford or Roget) is
either or both of Fowler and Strunk. Any volunteers?

Chris Handley                                     chandley@otago.ac.nz
Dept of Computer Science                       Ph     (+64) 3-479-8499
University of Otago                           Fax     (+64) 3-479-8577
Dunedin, NZ