lojban lesson request

la .and. rost. cusku di'e

Would someone please translate the following for me?
(1)	I made the noise loud.
(2)	I made the loud noise.
I would like to use the same brivla in each translated sentence. I would
also like the translation of the first sentence not to distinguish between
"I made the noise become loud" and "I made the noise stay loud".

My motivation for asking this is to see how Lojban treats what I see as:
(1)	selbri "make" with sumti "loud";
	selbri "loud" with sumti "noise".
(2)	selbri "make" with sumti "noise";
	selbri "loud" with sumti "noise".

I would further like to state that anyone who can learn Lojban in 3 hours,
as Nick Nicholas did, clearly has their brain wired up wrong and is
going to be the ancestor of a new master race of superintelligent beings.
(Or probably I'm just thick. - Make that: *and* I'm probably just thick.)

And
ps I didn't *complain* about use of Lojban words to refer to elements of
Lojban grammar! I *approve* of this practise! I just felt we need a glossary
- which Lojbab and John Cowan have now supplied us and me respectively.
(Lojbab - the glossary I posted you was written before I received yours
or John's; it's not intended as any comment on or alternative to yours.)