Coasting/orbiting

la kris. xandlis. cusku di'e

> The Earth orbiting the sun, indeed any planetary body orbiting its
> primary, hardly has a 'choice' of route, nor even really a means.

"klama" and "litru" say nothing about self-propulsion.  If I throw you off
a cliff, you "litru" along the cliff face, and you "klama" to the bottom
from the top, just as if you were moving down on a rope.  So "litru" is
perfectly suitable for the movement of a planet or other ballistic body
in a closed orbit, and a baseball may be said to "klama" from the pitcher
to the catcher even though its motion is just as ballistic (though not
closed).

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com         ...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
                e'osai ko sarji la lojban