Lojban duplications

John Cowan <cbmvax!snark.thyrsus.com!cowan%UUNET.UU.NET@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU>
writes:

>  ... There are many sets
>of words in the language which are contrasted precisely by the number of
>places metaphysically necessary for each:

>        fasnu           x1 happens (no actor)
>        gasnu           x1 does x2, x1 is the actor in event x2
>        zukte           x1 does x2 for x3, x1 employs means x2 to end x3

>        fatci           x1 is a fact (absolute)
>        jetnu           x1 is true under conditions x2 by standard x3

>        binxo           x1 changes into x2 under conditions x3 (no actor)
>        galfi           event x1 changes x2 into x3
>        cenba           x1 changes in property x2 by amount x3
                                under conditions x4

>        litru           x1 travels route x2 by means x3
>                                (no origin or destination)
>        cliva           x1 leaves x2 via route x3 by means x4 (no destination)
>        klama           x1 comes/goes to x2 from x3 via route x4 by means x5

Seems to me that with "zo'e" and the fact that the last places can be eliminated
(if I remember the rules right) you really don't _need_ these nearly synonymous
gismu.

What, for example, is the distinction between "x1 cliva x2 x3 x4" and "x1 klama
zo'e x2 x3 x4"? or, (correct me if I have the "fa" type markers wrong) "x1 klama
fe x2 fi x3 fo x4"?

                                                    Bruce