No Subject

Subject: th

Having t represent two sounds t and th is a very bad idea.
This destroys the audio-visual isomorphism I so dearly love.

Having q represent both voiced and unvoiced th is bad for the
same reason. The general problem here is no way to represent
more sounds, since ascii only has 26 alphabet characters.
There is a solution! There are 26 more capital characters.
Use q and Q to represent the two th sounds. Use of the new
sounds would be limited to names. There are more than 26
unrepresented sounds, so we need some procedure for deciding
which sounds get represented.

Some new way of marking stress would now be needed.

	frank schulz ( fschulz@pyramid.com )