Lojban List gets a new home (and a new spelling)

For about two months now, traffic on Lojban List has been growing to the
point where it is overloading the link (snark!cbmvax!uunet) that gets the
messages from the reflector here at snark to you, the readers.  The folks at
cbmvax are the ones actually paying the $$$$ for this, and they're getting
concerned.

Effective early next week, therefore, we are moving Lojban List to a new
home, courtesy of Jerry Altzman.  The new posting address is:

	lojban@cuvmb.cc.columbia.edu

Unlike the current list, the new facility is LISTSERV-based.  This means
in essence that users can do their own list administration tasks.  More
detailed information will be given in the first posting from the new list.

PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED AT LEAST
ONE MESSAGE!  IT WILL JUST BOUNCE AND IRRITATE YOU!

What about the old addresses?  lojban-list will still be supported for
a while, at least, and will forward all received mail to the LISTSERV.
lojban-list-request will be still read by human beings (me and lojbab).
Unfortunately, I am going away for two weeks starting today, so won't be
able to help with the transition.

My thanks (as well as those from Lojban Central) to Eric Raymond, sysadmin
of snark, as well as to Jerry Altzman.  These people's kind cooperation
have made Lojban List's continued existence possible.

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban