Lolcats + Batman = Lolbats

Posted on May 30, 2007 @ 1:01 pm

What happens when you cross Lolcats — those ubiquitous cat photos with the poorly-spelled captions — with Batman? You end up with Lolbats, of course, and it goes a little something like this…

LOLBATS

More follow after the jump.

LOLBATS

LOLBATS

LOLBATS

LOLBATS

LOLBATS

There! I feel like I’ve done enough to lower the quality of discourse on the blogosphere for one day. If you feel inspired to create your own Lolbat, send it my way and I’ll add it to the collection.

Posted by Jess | Filed Under Apropos Comics |

1. Datadog May 30, 2007 1:15 pm

ARRRRGGGHHH!!!! Another brilliantly masterful idea you’ve beat me to!

2. Paddy May 30, 2007 1:33 pm

That’s just classic. Can this be applied to heroes in a good and funny manner?

3. Veronica May 30, 2007 1:49 pm

“I’m in ur city…” cracked me up.

4. Chris May 30, 2007 1:52 pm

Yeah, the Gargoylz one got me too. The rest are…meh.

5. Fuzzball May 30, 2007 2:09 pm

You are my HERO. The gargoylz had me howling!

6. MC May 30, 2007 4:07 pm

Damn you and your creative mind Jess… Blast!

7. pea May 30, 2007 5:15 pm

I said it before but it bears repeating because I don’t think your head is big enough yet:
    You, dear sir, are pure GENIUS.
    The LOLcats thing I don’t get. I don’t think it’s funny or amusing.
    But this?
    This cracked my shit up and for those that don’t know, that’s the highest level of amusement one can reach.
    If one is me, which one is so, hey!
    Pure awesome.

8. Jessica May 30, 2007 5:29 pm

To make these work better, lower the coherency level.

I.E. “Face itchy! U Scratch pleez?”
    Key to lolcats is brevity and lack of coherence.

Agree, in ur city is the best. Probably ’cause it apes the formula ;)

(im in ur blog, comentin on ur commentz)

9. Chase May 30, 2007 6:57 pm

I think I may love you more now than I ever have. And that’s saying a lot.

10. Heidi May 30, 2007 11:58 pm

You are the ruler.

Im in ur fanz club. gettin ur awtograffs

11. Jess May 31, 2007 9:00 am

Thanks for feedback, everyone! It’s my first foray into the realm of Lol; next time I’ll be sure to increase the brevity and decrease the coherence a little. ;)

12. patricia May 31, 2007 9:33 am

I can’t help you on the brevity issue seeing as how I can’t seem to post an entry shorter than four paragraphs but I rule at decreasing coherence. Please to be seeing every single comment I’ve ever left on this site for reference. ♥

13. [...] Lolbats [...]

14. metalmom May 31, 2007 12:33 pm

Stealed stuf and Gargoyles! Too too much!!
    Pants are wet now–GTG!

15. LOLBATS « scramble network May 31, 2007 5:55 pm

[...] And tons more. [...]

16. [...] LOLcode 2. LOLrobots 3. LOLbats 4. [...]

17. [...] LolBats. Try not to wet your self when you see the artistry of Apropos of Something. [...]

18. mr null June 7, 2007 4:04 am

This is, quite frankly, GENIUS.

19. LolBuffy June 13, 2007 1:42 pm

Oh hai, lolfrend! Pls come visit. :) http://lolbuffy.blogspot.com/

20. Chamomiles Davis June 18, 2007 11:05 am

Jess,

This is my first visit to your site, and it will definitely not be my last. Great job with the lolbats — any chance of an lolsupes?

I’ve linked your site to my own Fortress of Pillows. Don’t get excited — only four people read my blog on a regular basis, and two of them are my multiple personalities.

21. typingisnotactivism June 23, 2007 11:33 am

‘i’z in ur city standn on yr gargoylz’IS EFFIN HILARYUS!!! luvded da stol stuff wun, but gargoylz iz maekz-peepl-giggl-in-da-gas-chaember funnee.

22. lol'ing Whut iz it? | loliticz.com September 15, 2007 1:28 pm

[...] fakecat * katurday * lol80’s * lolbabes * lolbats * lolbeatles * lolbees * lolbrarians * lolcats * lolgay * lolheros * lolhistory, [...]

23. Lolcats October 5, 2007 9:01 pm

hahaha…thats really funny. I added a link on my blog.

24. J0k3r December 10, 2007 11:52 pm

EXCELLENT!

25. D18 Matt March 6, 2008 3:27 pm

Ha — who knew?! I’ve never been to this site before, so I guess you put the Lol Bats into the ether —

26. Traveler Farlander April 29, 2008 9:11 am
  27. [...] images) LOLcode (hmm…) The LOLcky Horror Picture Show (like the Tribbles link above) LOL Bots LOL Bats (small gallery of Batman images) LOL Pilgrims (small gallery of ye olde images) LOL Lost (meh..) [...]

28. Anon August 21, 2008 10:01 am

Wow.

I mean lol cats is gay, but this is most certainly teh gayest.
    gj being unoriginal and really stupid.
    :D