100 Facts in 100 Days: Fact 86

Posted on December 22, 2006 @ 2:55 pm

86. I have really small hands for a guy. So small, in fact, that I have to wear women’s gloves to fit them. Ergo, I avoid gloves whenever possible since they make me feel self-conscious about the whole “tiny hands” thing.

Posted by Jess | Filed Under 100 Facts |

1. Datadog December 22, 2006 4:11 pm

I used to work at a rig site, and on my first day, they tried to find me gloves that fit. Even the lady at the counter was surprised when she had to break out the small stuff they kept in the back.

On the plus side, there’s no limit to the kinds of things I can stick my hand into.

2. Nick December 22, 2006 4:52 pm

My hands are pretty small, too. My friend’s mom remarked the other day that I should be a piano player, because I have really long fingers.

3. Randy Peterman December 22, 2006 4:57 pm

The other plus side to having hands that aren’t huge is that you can actually play some pretty slick stuff on the guitar because your fingers don’t hit all of the strings at once. That is of course if you can PLAY the guitar.

4. Jess December 22, 2006 5:04 pm

Sadly, I played football for eight years as an offensive/defensive lineman, leaving me with stubby fingers that probably sustained a dozen untreated breaks through the years.

It’s like living life with a permanent, minuscule kung-fu grip.

5. amber December 22, 2006 6:43 pm

I’m 32 years old, and I wear a youth medium glove. Do you know how happy I am just to find gloves that don’t feature Winnie the Pooh on them?

6. jp December 22, 2006 7:54 pm

Your hands didn’t seem to hinder your blocking skills on the O-line…

mam.

7. Tiki December 23, 2006 1:32 am

You could cut off a hand and replace it with a hook. The coolness factor will overwhelm any physical insecurities.

Well, except for THAT one (winkedy wink)

8. Fritz December 23, 2006 1:33 am

I have small hands and feet for a man of 5′ - 10″ — size 8 shoe. My feet bother me more than my hands.

9. DutchBitch December 23, 2006 4:08 am

As with everything… it’s not about size but about knowing how to use ‘m ;-)

10. Pstonie December 23, 2006 7:51 am

You don’t also happen to smell like cabbage, do you?

11. Jess December 23, 2006 10:18 am

Tiki: I’ve considered the hook idea. Or maybe a flamethrower. But it’s hard to find a surgeon willing to attach them.

Fritz: I’m 6′1″, size 12 shoe. So it’s really only my tiny hands that are freakishly proportioned. ;)

Pstonie: No, but I am considering a career as a carny. Think I can make it with half the total package?

12. Diesel December 23, 2006 2:11 pm

Jess, I’m 6′2″, size 13 shoe. And in my case it’s true what they say: big feet, big hands.

13. Mon December 26, 2006 9:24 am

I’d think it was a good thing. You can get those cheap stretchy gloves then at the dollar store? You cant beat the price!

14. Fuzzball December 26, 2006 11:49 pm

Small hands, huh? So what’s your shoe size?

15. teedz December 29, 2006 9:46 pm

small hands! small hands!