Testing 1, 2, 3…

Posted on May 19, 2004 @ 2:13 am

On a lark, I decided to download and test WordPress a few hours ago. I enjoyed playing around with WP so much, that I went ahead and switched Apropos of Something over from MT 2.64. For what it’s worth, I still have MT ready to redeploy if I decide that I don’t like WordPress after all, but I’m fairly keen on it at the moment. I’ll write a bit more about my initial impressions after I’ve tinkered with it a bit more. And slept.

In the meantime, let me know if you encounter anything that isn’t working properly. Also, I’d appreciate any feedback on the new template.

Posted by Jess | Filed Under Blickity-Blog |

1. Chewie May 19, 2004 11:07 am

Love the new template - looks great!

2. Justas May 19, 2004 11:30 am

Looks nice. Although the previous one was good as well.

But the cool thing is that GGC Media is now blogrolled :D

3. Fritz May 19, 2004 11:54 am

WordPress loads much faster than your MT blog. The other one would hang for several seconds before displaying. This one just pops right up.

I liked the huge robot background. But, this one is cool.

I am having problems with the graphics display of the copy in your blockquotes. I have to refresh the screen to see it.

4. Amy May 19, 2004 1:02 pm

I like it a lot! It seems easier on the eyes and the way the info is laid out, it works very well.

5. John May 19, 2004 2:32 pm

Hey, thanks for adding me to the blogroll. :-) This does look sharp! I still haven’t sorted my own feelings about WP yet — too many production projects going on at once.

6. OF Jay May 19, 2004 3:40 pm

Ayeeeee!!! Congratulations on the switch, Jess!

7. OF Jay May 19, 2004 3:42 pm

Ey yo?! Is the Slurm retired for ever?