Then I do what with my what now?

Posted on May 17, 2004 @ 4:28 pm

Teedz pointed me toward this bit of news:

Childless couple told to try sex
Ananova

A German couple who went to a fertility clinic after eight years of marriage have found out why they are still childless — they weren’t having sex.

The University Clinic of Lubek said they had never heard of a case like it after examining the couple who went to see them last month for fertility tests.

Doctors subjected them to a series of examinations and found they were both apparently fertile, and should have had no trouble conceiving.

A clinic spokesman said: “When we asked them how often they had had sex, they looked blank, and said: “What do you mean?”.

“We are not talking retarded people here, but a couple who were brought up in a religious environment who were simply unaware, after eight years of marriage, of the physical requirements necessary to procreate.”

The 30-year-old wife and her 36-year-old husband are now being given sex therapy lessons while the university clinic undertakes a study to try to find out if there are more couples with a similar lack of sex education.

Sometimes I wonder if the news agencies hire people to come up with stories like this just to see how long it takes them to spread around the blogosphere.

Posted by Jess | Filed Under In the News |

1. Justas May 17, 2004 5:11 pm

This article gives a whole new perspective to the metaphore “living under a rock”…

2. mac May 17, 2004 5:22 pm

That might be the scariest thing I’ve ever heard. I’m interested in knowing exactly how they thought babies were conceived? Cabbage patch? Stork?

3. Fritz May 17, 2004 5:48 pm

I don’t want to sound crass here, but I know a retarded couple — they prefer to be called “challenged” — and they had no difficulty having a child. They can’t drive or figure out how to hook up a VCR, but they knew what it takes to have a baby!

4. Electric Venom May 17, 2004 6:52 pm

Fit Tab A Into Slot B
    Perhaps it’s good that some people don’t have kids.

5. Norman May 17, 2004 7:02 pm

Finally, poster “children” for having sex education in schools.

6. Cake Eater Chronicles May 17, 2004 10:00 pm

Silly Germans
    God, I’ve been trolling for a Silly German story for a while now…

7. Descriptive Epistemology May 18, 2004 2:11 pm