Moral dilemma

Posted on May 9, 2004 @ 11:09 pm

My lawn mower and my VCR both gave up the ghost today. Which shall I replace first?

Posted by Jess | Filed Under Life in a Nutshell |

1. goodsnake May 9, 2004 11:55 pm

The VCR!!! It will be too hot to mow the yard soon anyway!

2. Kris May 10, 2004 1:18 am

Eh, the lawn mower… who watches VHS anymore anyway ;)

3. Evil Doug May 11, 2004 10:56 pm

Tsk tsk tsk…I’m surprised you didn’t think of it before.

The only solution to a problem such as this (whether to buy a new VCR or a new lawnmower) is quite simple. C. The choice is always C. As you did not list a choice C. then I shall have to supply one for you and then suggest it.

Answer: C. Purchase a snow globe with young Elvis in the center.

This solves the entertainment issue (as the King in snow is quite entertaining) and the lawn issue (Neighbor: Why won’t you cut your lawn? You, while looking at the snow globe: It’s snowing, you JERK!)

4. Nicole M. Sikora May 12, 2004 12:16 pm

The VCR. Because then you have the choice of
    (a) watching the grass grow
    or
    (b) watching your tape of Gremlins for the ten thousandth time

That’s entertainment! ;)

5. Lachlan May 12, 2004 3:24 pm

VCR? Don’t you have a DVD player?! ;-)

6. Justas May 14, 2004 11:22 am

I don’t have a DVD player either.

But on the topic:

Can you live without a lawnmower? Certainly, unless your scissors are broken as well.

But can you live without a VCR?

Didn’t think so.

7. JP May 14, 2004 3:53 pm

There has to be a riding mower out there with a DVD player option. If not, buy the cheapest rider you can find, then see if Xzibit will pimp your ride…a DVD player would surely be in the cards.

8. Jess May 14, 2004 6:00 pm

For the record, I do have a DVD player, but I still use my VCR to record occasionally (not often enough, however, to merit buying a TiVo).

For now, I think the lawn mower will have to come first. The grass is getting pretty high, after all. In the meantime, I think I’m going to look into JP’s suggestion of getting my ride pimped.

9. Justas May 15, 2004 11:42 am

Lawnmowers? Luxury!

In my country, children have to gnaw all the lawn with their teeth.